January 2015 notes
Cathlamet Blanche Bradley Public Library
Board of Trustees Meeting
Cathlamet Public Library,
Friday, January 16, 2015 -12:45 pm
Present were Library Board Trustees Stephanie Leitz and Jean Burnham, Librarian Carol Blix, and Town Council Liaison Hannah Booth-Watts. Trustees Diana Zimmerman and Mary Bush were unable to attend.
Only notes were taken as there was not a quorum. Approval of Dec. 4, 2014 Board meeting minutes was postponed until the February meeting. December Final Vouchers were examined and signed by the board members who were present, and Mary Bush was able to come after the meeting to give final approval.
Librarian Carol Blix reported that traditional circ stats were down but showed stats for additional online checkouts of e-books. The preschool story time has been changed to 4pm on Thursdays so they can work on crafts in the Community Center after the story. The Washington State Library will be bringing a gadget fair to the library for one week starting January 23rd. Elizabeth Austen, the State Poet Laureate will visit at the end of February. The library has a new video cleaning/repair machine.
•Three Board Members and the Librarian have reported viewing the Open Public Meetings video. We now need to appoint a records manager to be compliant.
•Computer tethers would be an economical deterrent to theft, that the town’s insurance would approve.
• The County Commissioners advised Carol to investigate a library funding district for future funding after 2015.
• There is still a need for new at-large board member. A male perspective would be welcome, but either a male or female interested person would be acceptable.
• The Volunteer recognition party has been moved until the end of February to allow all of the volunteers to attend.
• Carol will be looking for a locking mailbox to address mail delivery after Town Hall moves.
• The Board calendar for 2015 will have meeting dates on the first Thursday of each month.
• The board members present (and later Mary Bush) recommended that the smart phone app Boopsie not be renewed for 2015 due to the expense of the subscription for this year, but that the Overdrive e-book subscription in 2015 would be approved.
• Carol will look into Library funding district options and present them at the January 20th Town Council Meeting.
• The next meeting date will be Thursday, February 5th , 12:45pm, at the library.
- Get a Library Card
- Holiday Closures
- Web Resources
- About the Library
- Research Databases
(All day) ~ Independence day
(All day) ~ Veteran's Day
Thu, 11/30/17 through Fri, 12/01/17
(All day) ~ Thanksgiving Holiday
Sun, 12/24/17 through Mon, 12/25/17
(All day) ~ Christmas
(All day) ~ New Year's Eve Day
(All day) ~ 2015 Holiday closures