History of the Library
The Cathlamet Blanche Bradley Public Library began as a project of the Cathlamet Women’s Club. Mrs. Lulu Heron, representing the women’s club, met with the council in 1931. Mrs. Heron was a local teacher and wife of Cathlamet mayor and butcher storeowner JW Heron.
The Town allowed the library to use the council room, and in 1933 accepted the Women’s Club Public Library as the town library. Years later Blanche Heron Bradley, daughter of Lulu and JW Heron, and her husband Harold moved into the Heron family home at 61 Main Street.
Lulu and JW Heron at the christening of the SS Cathlamet, Seattle 1919
In 1973 the Bradley’s daughter, Harriet Bradley Tagart, donated the family home to the Town. It was then named Blanche H. Bradley Memorial Center and housed the town library for the next 14-years. The house was sold in the late 1980’s, and the library moved to the second floor of Town Hall at 100 Main Street.
In late 2012 it was moved into the River Street Meeting Room which will serve as a temporary library until the Town Hall building is remodeled. Estimated completion is fall of 2013.
- Get a Library Card
- Holiday Closures
- Web Resources
- About the Library
- Research Databases
(All day) ~ Independence day
(All day) ~ Veteran's Day
Thu, 11/30/17 through Fri, 12/01/17
(All day) ~ Thanksgiving Holiday
Sun, 12/24/17 through Mon, 12/25/17
(All day) ~ Christmas
(All day) ~ New Year's Eve Day
(All day) ~ 2015 Holiday closures